DYNAMIC & ROCKET YOGA retreat
ELISA DEVLIN & Leon LONDON | 15 - 21 JULY | KOUFONISIA
ABOUT THE RETREAT
This retreat is led by a powerful yoga duo which will get you energised and sweaty in the heart of the summer. Elisa Devlin, a Dynamic Vinyasa queen, will be joining forces with one of UK's best Rocket Yoga teachers, Leon London.
Classes & workshops will include a playful blend of Power Yoga Flows, Pranayama & Meditation, Slow Rocket Flow, Rocket Handstand workshop, Animal Flow Inversions and Restorative sessions. This will be an immersive Yoga experience, with plenty of personal attention and time to have your questions answered. Emphasis on stretching and alignment, back arching and inversions supported by core body training. With over 20 years combined teaching experience you are in good hands :)
Elisa has a no nonsense approach to Yoga, coupled with a fun and generous teaching style, she draws on her 16 year practice of Transcendental Meditation to ‘hold the space’ for her students. Yoga is for everyone, whether you are a seasoned practitioner or new to the game, modifications will be offered. You will leave feeling confident, uplifted and inspired. Find out more about Elisa here
Leon is a Yoga Teacher and Fitness & Movement coach. He has studied Kashmir Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Ashtanga and Rocket / Progressive Ashtanga Yoga and Hot Yoga, and he practices Dharma yoga. Leon previously owned his own yoga and fitness studios where he taught (and still teaches) a fusion of arts inspired by practicing along with some of the world's best practitioners; this includes the unique traditional Indian club training & kettlebells, as well as functional style fitness and movement patterns. More on Leon here
* All practices are open to all levels from beginners to more advanced yogis.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
- Group pickup from Koufonisia port upon arrival & drop off on departure
- Visit to downtown Koufonisia for dinner
- Day trip to the uninhabited Kato Koufonisi
- Beach time
- Sea - kayaking (extra cost | optional)
- Thai-style massages (extra cost | optional)
- Free wifi access in the villa
- Housekeeping service
- 7 island days / 6 nights - accommodation on a beachside yoga resort
- 2 daily yoga sessions (90 minutes each)
- Daily guided meditation
- 3 vegetarian meals (breakfast, light lunch, dinner) - catered by our private chef Esco
- Fresh produce of fruits and vegetables
- Yoga equipment (mats, straps, blocks, etc)
* Our Sea-kayak activities will be arranged in collaboration with our Kayak partners Cannibals.
THE ESSENCE OF TRUE FOOD
Our Koufonisia nutrition is catered by our private chef Esco Essence. Esco is a passionate vegan chef and a raw food artist. His approach to longevity and happiness is based on three components: physical practice (yoga asana), conscious eating (raw / vegan) and mental exercise (mindfulness).
Esco uses the freshest daily produce from Koufonisia and the nearby islands to prepare each meal and there’re always gluten-free alternatives. He makes his own bread and nut based milks, as well as his famous granola, smoothies and herbal infusions. Our lunches are always a rainbow of colorful salads while each dinner is a big gathering around the table where we taste Esco’s specialty, finishing off the day with a small innocent desert for a sweet night’s sleep. Read more about Esco here!
- Lower level room with two single beds & shared bathroom -- 1.390€ p/p
- Sea view room with two single beds & shared bathroom -- 1.790€ p/p
- Lower level Junior Suite with queen size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 1.390€ p/p
- Sea view Junior Suite with queen size double bed & shared bathroom -- 1.590€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 1.790€ p/p
* Suggested for couples, friends & family
- Lower level Junior Suite with queen size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 2.190€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 2.790€ p/p
* The above prices include VAT 24%
Fly to Athens, Santorini or Mykonos Airports and then take a boat to Koufonisia Island.
Suggested Arrival: Fly directly to Mykonos on the 15th of July and catch the highspeed boat from Mykonos port at 15.20 which will arrive at Koufonisia at 16.50.
Suggested Departure: Take the Sea Jet boat rom Koufonisia at 14:40 which reaches Mykonos at 16:10.
Alternative Arrival options on the 15th of July
- Piraeus (Athens) to Koufonisi : departure 7.15 | arrival 12.10 | boat: Highspeed 4
- Santorini port to Koufonisi: departure 12.45 | arrival 16.50 | boat: Sea Jet2
Alternative Departure options on the 21st of July
- Koufonisi to Piraeus (Athens): departure 14.25 | arrival 19.20 | boat: Highspeed 4
- Koufonisi to Santorini: departure 14.40 | arrival 18.35 | boat: Sea Jet2
* We advise our guests to allow one day prior and after the retreat for their travelling.
You can reserve your boat ticket on http://travel.viva.gr/en/ferries
The retreat will start on 15th of July with an intro class at 18:30 followed by a welcome dinner at 20:00. If you arrive earlier you can drop off your stuff and settle in your room after 14.00. We'll be at Koufonisia port on arrival so we'll guide you accordingly.
The retreat will finish on the 21st of July at 12:00 after brunch. There will be a group drop off from the villa to the port.
KOUFONISIA Beachfront VILLAs
Our Island Yoga Resort consists of two beachfront villas overlooking one of the most dreamy beaches of the island. The location is ideal to walk everywhere you want and explore! The beach is just 5 minutes away on foot while the lil town is a beautiful 20 minutes walk. The villas blend harmoniously with the raw landscape of Koufonisia and their large outdoor spaces and patios are ideal for lazy afternoon siestas and reading. The zen atmosphere of the resort is completed with a covered outdoor yogashala and a thai-massage room, both made with natural materials. Click for more images.