SEA KAYAK & YOGA retreat
JULIA ROSE | 26 - 31 AUGUST | KOUFONISIA
ABOUT THE RETREAT
The very essence of summer is captured on this retreat. Weather you dream of just swinging on a hammock by the beach or exploring the mythical seascapes of Koufonisia, (or both), we have you covered. Your days will be filled with sunlight, glittery waters and mystic caves while evenings may find you under the starlight walking to the little town or swaying in the music of Kalofeggo beach bar.
Koufonisia islands are known for their crystal waters and the moon-shaped rocks. On this retreat you will have the chance to visit the uninhabited Kato Koufonisi, go beach-hopping with our sea-kayak team or go on a boat tour to nearby islands . If your inner Robinson Crusoe is on sleepy mode then our villa is a 5min walk from the most amazing beach of the island, where you can always unwind with your favourite book.
ABOUT THE YOGA
Our yoga will take place on an outdoor covered yogashala where the morning song of seagulls will be the only sound. Julia's take on yoga it's not just about the asana but about finding enjoyment and stillness in movement. Fun, progressional morning classes will give you the tools to develop a practice that you can take home, whilst the evening classes will be relaxing and restorative. Julia has been teaching for 15 years, practising for 20. "My playful playlists are as renowned as my bad jokes during class. I learn as much from my students as they do from me. We smile, we laugh, we grow, we learn." Read more about Julia here!
* All practices are open to all levels from beginners to more advanced yogis.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
- Group pickup from Koufonisia port upon arrival & drop off on departure
- Visit to downtown Koufonisia for dinner
- Day trip to the uninhabited Kato Koufonisi
- Beach time
- Sea - kayaking (extra cost | optional)
- Thai-style massages (extra cost | optional)
- Free wifi access in the villa
- Housekeeping service
- 6 island days / 5 nights - accommodation on a beachfront yoga resort
- 2 daily yoga sessions (90 minutes each)
- Daily guided meditation
- 3 vegetarian meals (breakfast, light lunch, dinner) - catered by our private chef Esco
- 3 day cleansing cold-pressed juice
- Fresh produce of fruits and vegetables
- Yoga equipment (mats, straps, blocks, etc)
* Our Sea-kayak activities will be arranged in collaboration with our Kayak partners Cannibals.
THE ESSENCE OF TRUE FOOD
Our Koufonisia nutrition is catered by our private chef Esco Essence. Esco is a passionate vegan chef and a raw food artist. His approach to longevity and happiness is based on three components: physical practice (yoga asana), conscious eating (raw / vegan) and mental exercise (mindfulness).
Esco uses the freshest daily produce from Koufonisia and the nearby islands to prepare each meal and there’re always gluten-free alternatives. He makes his own bread and nut based milks, as well as his famous granola, smoothies and herbal infusions. Our lunches are always a rainbow of colorful salads while each dinner is a big gathering around the table where we taste Esco’s specialty, finishing off the day with a small innocent desert for a sweet night’s sleep. Read more about Esco here!
- Lower level room with two single beds & shared bathroom -- 1.190€ p/p
- Sea view room with two single beds & shared bathroom -- 1.590€ p/p
- Lower level Junior Suite with queen size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 1.190€ p/p
- Sea view Junior Suite with queen size double bed & shared bathroom -- 1.390€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 1.590€ p/p
* Suggested for couples, friends & family
- Lower level Junior Suite with queen size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 1.990€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 2.590€ p/p
* The above prices include VAT 24%
Fly to Athens, Santorini or Mykonos Airports and then take a boat to Koufonisia Island.
Suggested Arrival: Fly directly to Mykonos on the 26th of August and catch the Sea Jet boat from Mykonos port at 15.20 which will arrive at Koufonisia at 17.00.
Suggested Departure: There is no boat from Koufonisia to Mykonos on the 31st August, but there is a boat on the 1st of September that departs from Koufonisia at 14:40 and reaches Mykonos at 16:10. For accommodation options in Koufonisia feel free to ask us.
Alternative Arrival options on the 26th of August
- From Naxos port to Koufonisia | departure 16:10 - arrival: 16:50 | boat Sea Jet2
- From Santorini port to Koufonisia | departure: 12.45 - arrival: 17.00 | boat: Sea Jet 2
- From Piraeus port (Athens) to Koufonisia | departure: 07.15 - arrival: 12.10 | boat: High Speed 4
Alternative Departure options on the 31st of August
- From Koufonisia to Naxos port | departure: 12:30 - arrival: 13:20 | boat: High Speed 4
- From Koufonisia to Santorini port | departure: 17.00 - arrival: 18.45 | boat: Sea Jet 2
- From Koufonisia to Piraeus port (Athens) | departure: 12.30 - arrival: 17.30 | boat: High Speed 4
- From Koufonisia to Piraeus port (Athens) | departure: 17.00 - arrival: 00.00 | boat: Sea Jet 2
* We advise our guests to allow one day prior and after the retreat for their travelling.
You can reserve your boat ticket on http://travel.viva.gr/en/ferries
The retreat will start on 26th of August with an intro class at 18:30 followed by a welcome dinner at 20:00. If you arrive earlier you can drop off your stuff and settle in your room after 14.00. We'll be at Koufonisia port on arrival so we'll guide you accordingly.
The retreat will finish on the 31st of August at 12:00 after brunch. There will be a group drop off from the villa to the port.
KOUFONISIA Beachfront VILLAs
Our Island Yoga Resort consists of two beachfront villas overlooking one of the most dreamy beaches of the island. The location is ideal to walk everywhere you want and explore! The beach is just 5 minutes away on foot while the lil town is a beautiful 20 minutes walk. The villas blend harmoniously with the raw landscape of Koufonisia and their large outdoor spaces and patios are ideal for lazy afternoon siestas and reading. The zen atmosphere of the resort is completed with a covered outdoor yogashala and a thai-massage room, both made with natural materials. Click for more images.