ASHTANGA YOGA RETREAT
LARUGA GLASER | 19 - 24 MAY
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Since a young age Laruga has been fascinated with mind/body connections and spiritual thought which later attracted her to the practice of yoga in 1996 after a sincere connection and study of yoga philosophy. It was not until she stumbled upon Ashtanga yoga when she began the journey, immersing herself into a devoted practice a few years later in 1998. Since then, she has continued to draw inspiration from her daily visit to the mat, along with long term studies of Ashtanga Yoga at KPJAYI in Mysore, India practicing under the guidance of the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, and who she considers her principle teacher, his grandson R. Sharath Jois. Laruga has made 11 trips to KPJAYI and began her studies there after already 10 years of sustained practice.
An advanced level practitioner and student of yoga as well as a Level 2 Authorized Teacher, Laruga entered into teaching after years of sustained practice and brings with her a combined total over 25 years experience instructing body movement. In turn, she is dedicated to teaching the method of Ashtanga yoga to its fullest capacity, cultivating transparency to the tradition, and the deeply rich lineage the practice originates, otherwise known as parampara. Through it all, Laruga teaches as an act of deep sharing and love for what yoga develops in each individual, facilitating space to open, challenge, and inspire those to realize their inherent potential.
Currently Laruga directs the Ashtanga Yoga program at Yogayama in Stockholm, Sweden and teaches workshops and retreats internationally. Read more about Laruga here!
ABOUT THE RETREAT
Laruga’s intention for this retreat is to facilitate a space for those to enter into the heart and soul of Ashtanga yoga through practice, self-reflection and discovery. Mornings will be dedicated to sitting in silence as well as chanting, to then commence the Mysore practice under her guidance. The afternoon classes will be comprised of the major aspects of the Ashtanga yoga tradition as well as discussion on the philosophy. This retreat will be limited to 15 people offering an intimate space for guidance and support throughout the week. In that light, Laruga will also leave space to meet the needs of the group by tailoring the workshops with this in mind to help foster everyone’s connection to the practice. It is her hope that each participant will leave the retreat refreshed, recharged, and inspired, maintaining the gift of yoga within moving forward.
* All practices are open to all levels from beginners to more advanced yogis and restricted to a small number of guests (10-15).
GREEK INSPIRED NUTRITION
Combining a holistic approach to wellness with the Greek tradition we have created a bespoke menu which awakens the senses and lifts your spirit. Kicking off the day with energizing snacks and a delicious brunch featuring traditional Greek yogurt, homemade granola, raw tahini, organic thyme honey and a blend of greek superfoods. Cold pressed juices and smoothies will be available for you to enjoy by the pool or to sip before a swim. In between the yoga practices, a revitalizing salad bar will be served at the outdoor dinning table including a special version of the famous Greek salad and the Cretian 'ntako' salad. The dinners will be catered by our local chef, each evening serving a different Mykonos specialty. Let it all go, with herbal infusions and raw cacao promising a good night sleep.
In between the yoga sessions, there will be plenty of time to relax, enjoy a swim in the pool or book a therapeutic massage. There'll also be plenty of time to explore Mykonos magnificent beaches and stroll at its lively villages. A day trip to Delos is always a must as it's one of the most renowned sacred places in Greece and a UNESCO heritage ancient site. It's only a 40min boat ride from the old port of Mykonos tour guide will be sharing all the history and magic of the place with us. Mykonos is the most lively island in the Cyclades so feel free to check out the extra activities from diving to wind surfing, and we can help you customize your journey.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
- 6 island days / 5 nights - luxury accommodation on a seaside villa
- Morning Mysore practices & evening Ashtanga workshops
- Yoga philosophy sessions
- 3 vegetarian meals (brunch, light lunch, dinner) - Dairy free options available
- 3 day cleansing cold-pressed juice
- Fresh produce of fruits and vegetables
- Yoga equipment (mats, straps, blocks, etc)
- Visit to downtown Mykonos for dinner
- Beach time
- Transfers from / to Mykonos JMK airport upon arrival / departure
- Free wifi access in the villa
- Housekeeping service
- Still and sparkling water provided
* Flights to / from JMK Mykonos airport are NOT included
- Garden view Junior Suite with two single beds & ensuite bathroom -- 2.090€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with two single beds & ensuite bathroom -- 2.390€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 2.090€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size bed & ensuite bathroom -- 2.390€ p/p
* Suggested for couples, friends & family
- Superior Sea view Suite with three single beds & ensuite bathroom -- 2.290€ p/p
- Guest house apartment with three single beds & ensuite bathroom (garden view) -- 1.990€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with double bed & ensuite bathroom -- 3.090€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size bed & ensuite bathroom -- 3.390€ p/p
* The above prices include VAT 24%